ONA educational session one-sheets
- Notes on diversity, inclusion and balance
ONA is committed to diversity and inclusion in both topics and speakers across session ideas, geography, gender, race, nationality and professional and ONA conference experience
- Session Formats / Areas of Focus / Target Populations
See for more on ONA’s eight standard session formats, five conference focus areas and five major target populations for all events
- Educational session guidelines
ONA’s educational sessions are inclusive and supportive learning environments for attendees to encounter, share and discuss best practices, skills, trends, new ideas and challenging issues
Video conferencing best-practices
- Close all computer applications except your internet browser, any presentation software you are using and any additional materials you intend to share to screen
- Test and be mindful of your camera position, keeping it as level and centered as possible
- Test and be mindful of your room lighting, avoiding bright bulbs and harsh shadows
- Look into your camera, rather than at (yourself on) your monitor
- Wear headphones with a built-in microphone, if available
- Remember to always mute your microphone when not speaking
- Use a wired connection, rather than wi-fi, if available
- When sharing your screen, it can help to use a second computer monitor, if available
- Have handy a mobile phone with tethering capability in case all else fails
- Don’t panic if you stumble, misspeak or need to pause: We have all been there
Table Talks FAQs for hosts
ONA20 presentation template
To make it easier on speakers, we’ve created an ONA20 presentation template in Google docs.
- Click this link
- Go to File > Make a copy > Entire Presentation
- Save to your local Google Drive
- Update your presentation. We’ve created 23 slide templates to work from, so there a lot of options.
- New to Google Slides? Check out this help article.
ONA’s video conferencing technology
Currently ONA uses the platform SteamYard. Click the button below for more information.