The ONA Board of Directors guides the association in its mission to inspire innovation and excellence among digital journalists. Under the bylaws, the board may be comprised of up to 15 voting members. Elections are held each fall surrounding the annual ONA Conference and Awards Banquet. Terms are for two years and begin on Jan. 1.
This informational section is intended to serve as a primer for new board members to get acclimated to the organization and their role in its governance. Some of the links below are password protected.
- Learn about ONA’s five focus areas and our organizational values in the ONA Mission
- Get an overview of the programs run by ONA to learn what we do
Meet the Team
- The ONA Board is comprised of 15 voting members and a student representative
- The ONA Staff continues to add new members
- Read advice from other board members
- See the staff organizational chart (password protected)
Roles and Responsibilities
- The Role and Culture of the Board
- ONA Board Officer Descriptions
- Learn about the five board committees
- Fundraising as an ONA Board Member
- Video: Overview to the ONA Budget (password protected)
Documents and Agreements
The below documents are located in Google Drive and only available to board members.
- ONA 2019-2022 Strategic Plan (password protected)
- Example of Financial Statements (Oct. 2019) (password protected)
- Overview of 2019 Monthly Reports (password protected)
- Board Member Agreement